Appropriately designed accommodations and common areas partnered with specially trained dedicated staff ensure the comfort and security of all The Montecito’s Memory Village (MV) residents. Throughout the day MV staff members are side by side with residents as they teach and learn curriculum, participate in activities, sing, dine, and socialize. Our aim is to support residents’ strengths and capabilities while assisting them with their needs in a loving and dignified manner.
Memory Village is overseen by our Resident Care Manager who is an accredited Dementia Practitioner. All Memory Village staff is trained in Dementia Care and BBET (Behavioral Based Ergonomic Therapies.)
At The Montecito, we believe that programs and certifications alone do not determine the quality of any memory care community. What makes our Memory Village so unique is our staff’s dedication to creating a home where socialization, sense of family, and love are the key ingredients.
- 3 meals a day/snacks
- Curriculum based activities – language arts, science, creative arts
- Exercise – Silver Sneakers
- Music & singing
- Job Assignments – every resident has purpose!
- Weekly outings
- Pet visits are always welcome
- Structure and routine 7 days/week
- Program coordinator 7 days/week
- Nurse on site 7 days/week
- Preferred pharmacy
- Private studios – bedroom furnishings optional
- Shared 2-bedroom apt – bedroom furnishings optional
- Secure patio area
- Raised gardening beds
- Activity centers
We Encourage Family Visits!
Memory Village residents enjoy the same menu as the rest of our community.
Family is always welcome to join their loved one for a meal in Memory Village, free of charge.